Acupuncturist and Acupressure Magnetic Therapy
Serving Santa Barbara and beyond...
How Terra Gold can improve and balance your health with acupuncture. A Terra Wellness holistic health care session with acupuncture and other healing modalities can help a variety of health issues.
Here are some of the health conditions that Terra's acupuncture treatments can effectively treat:
Allergies and other sinus issues
Rehabilitation for sports injuries (ie. tennis elbow)
Back pain (neck pain, mid- or low back pain)
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Dental pain after surgery
Nausea caused by surgical anesthesia and cancer chemotherapy
Stroke rehabilitation (especially if used immediately after a stroke)
My treatments are unique in that I use acu-therapy magnets and/or acupuncture, making telemedicine fully possible and powerfully effective.
Terra Gold's Wellness Acupuncture Treatments:
I have several ways that I treat clients using acupuncture meridian systems. My treatments may involve using several of these healing modalities below:
Along with acupuncture, Chinese Medicine includes the use of herbal remedies for health and healing. I use herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, homeopathy, and Bach Flower Remedies, depending on which is the best choice for the conditions being treated.
A full session with me in-office is generally 60 minutes. During and after treatments, people typically share that they feel relaxed and deeply rejuvenated. My telemedicine sessions are up to 45 minutes (with pre and post work on my end making the sessions 60 minutes in total). Follow-ups may be shorter.
My suggestions for what health and wellness products to give clients is based on my assessments done in-person or through Telemedicine Zoom sessions. I use intake questions, tongue analysis, and palpation that either you, or I, can check on your body. I also use functional medicine assessment tools of urinalysis or blood lab tests (when best), as well as nutritional intakes and assessments.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments needed differs from person to person. For complex or long-standing chronic conditions, check-ins once or twice a week for several months may be recommended. For acute issues, we start with once a week and taper down to fewer more quickly. It is common to need 5-10 sessions for treating most acute issues. An individualized treatment plan is suggested after our first intake.
Your acupuncture treatment with Terra Gold may include several of these modalities:
1. Acupuncture needles used on specific, scientifically-based points on the body that correlate with meridians and organ functions. I primarily use Japanese style, which includes the use of extremely thin needles that are used superficially and are surrounded by a guide tube (a seventeenth-century invention adopted by China and the West.)
2. Acupressure Magnetic Therapy involves the use of small, powerful, high-tech Neodymium magnets. These are given to clients in-person and for self-treatments on their hands (in between our sessions) to treat corresponding areas in the body for all the same treatments that acupuncture needle points are used for. Many people prefer them over needles and they make telemedicine sessions possible and highly effectice!
3. Therapeutic & Rehabilitative Massage supports the deeper release of tension for relieving stress, increasing blood flow, and preparing specific parts of the body for acupuncture or magnet treatments. In Telemedicine Zoom sessions I teach certain self-care practices using palpation as well.
4. Integrative Body Psychotherapy (IBP) Tools As an accredited practitioner of Integrative Body Psychotherapy from the Rosenberg-Kitaen School for over 17 years, I teach skills for embodying deep healing for the nervous system using yoga therapy and somatic psychotherapy practices. 7
5. Cupping Therapy is an ancient Chinese medicinal tool in which a local suction is created on the skin using cups. This mobilizes blood flow in order to promote healing. 6
6. Moxabustion, an incense-like stick made of Mugwort (also called Ai Ye), is used in Chinese Medicine practices to warm the areas of acupuncture points and stimulate them above the skin.
7. Auricular Acupuncture is commonly known as ear acupuncture and dates back to ancient China. It involves inserting needles to stimulate points on the ears. The modern approach was developed in France during the
early 1950s, and I've studied both traditions.
8. Yoga Therapy As a certified Yoga Therapist in Santa Barbara, Terra Gold offers yoga therapy sessions, involving specific scientifically-researched postures, breath work, and meditation practices designed to promote health and healing. Yoga therapy dates back at least 3,000 years, though most of the postures we use today were fine-tuned within the last 150 years. As a Certified Yoga Therapist within the International Association of Yoga Therapists, she specializes in stress- and trauma-informed practices, respiratory disorders, and digestion disorders. Terra has taught yoga for specific conditions for over 25 years.
9. “Tapping” as a stress relief and trauma tool utilizes techniques developed as part of the “Emotional Freedom Technique” (EFT) trainings. Additionally, stress release points that are commonly used in acupuncture treatments are given as a tool for releasing tension and emotional holding patterns. 5
Learn More about the power of acupuncture through studies and journals here....
"Terra is a gifted acupuncturist and healer. She is also kind and attentive. I came to Terra seeking nutritional advice and wellness after getting a sub-optimal blood panel. Her knowledge in both areas is wide ranging and deep, resulting in a holistic approach that can source different modalities and provide you with the one that best suits your needs."
John Kamps, screenwriter, cyclist, dad
Terra Gold, Acupuncturist defines how acupuncture works:
Based on the current Western Medicine perspective, acupuncture points are believed to stimulate the central nervous system. As a result, chemicals are released into the muscles, spinal cord, and brain. These biochemical changes can structurally and chemically stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities as they promote a state of emotional wellbeing. 3
Our bodies are electrical. Current science has used devices that measure electrical currents in the body, and these devices show that when you place the device up to meridian points in the body, they conduct more electricity. A Terra Wellness session uses acupuncture to tap into these electrical currents and re-direct these flows, just like we do with electricity grids on the planet.
Can acupuncture improve health?
Hundreds of clinical studies prove that acupuncture can be highly effective in treating a variety of health issues. Using acupuncture treatments for pain, health issues, and disease can be highly effective for reducing harsh symptoms while also helping to treat the underlying issues. We know that acupuncture points on the body and the magnet treatments on the hands go to the same receptor sites in the brain, causing a change in blood flow, lymphatic flow, and nerve flow in the area being treated. A Terra Wellness session uses acupuncture treatments to create a balance of functional forces around disease issues or pain. This allows one's body to set a new behavioral pattern that overrides old habits that might have created pain or disease.
Is acupuncture painful? Are any of the modalities I use painful?
Most people feel no or minimal discomfort as the needles, magnets, cups, or bodywork are gently placed. The needles or magnets are usually in place for 20-30 minutes.